Papillon Center for Loss and Transition and Coastal Kids Home Care are pleased to announce that Papillon Adult Drop-In Grief Support Groups, Good Grief for Kids + Teens and the Madison Rose Memorial Library have transferred to Coastal Kids Home Care. With expertise in pediatric palliative and end-of-life care and bereavement support, Coastal Kids understands that children and adults at any age and stage of grief should have access to professional, compassionate services. With our missions aligned to ensure the sustainability of bereavement services in Monterey County and neighboring counties, Papillon and Coastal Kids are working together to seamlessly unite.
What is the same in bereavement care in our community?
- Papillon drop-in groups for adults are continuing via Zoom with the same facilitators and schedule.
- Access to Madison Rose Memorial Library will continue (just at a new location in Salinas!)
- Bereavement counseling for children will continue with licensed counselors through Coastal Kids Home Care
- Good Grief for Kids + Teens will return in 2022
What is different?
- Bereavement care information has moved to www.coastalkidshomecare.org/counseling
- Partners can learn more about options for bereavement care by calling: 800-214-5439 to speak with Ruth Shapiro, LCSW
- Coastal Kids Home Care now has a Papillon Bereavement Fund, donors can continue to support quality bereavement care in our community through donating at www.coastalkidshomecare.org/counseling
Also, we know that contacting a children’s agency might be confusing for adults seeking bereavement care but rest assured that Coastal Kids Home Care licensed counselors have more than a decade of experience caring for both children and adults who have lost a child. Further, long-time volunteer facilitators from Papillon will continue to lead the adult drop-in groups — so Coastal Kids Home Care is truly a place for individuals of all ages to access quality bereavement care well into the future.
We appreciate your help in spreading the assuring news that grief support via Papillon has changed organizationally, but the spirit of compassionate service for those grieving has not.