MONTEREY, CA. (Feb. 25, 2020) — One in three women requesting financial assistance from The Breast Cancer Assistance Group of Monterey County (BCAG) in 2019 was a woman under the age of 45 undergoing treatment or recovery from breast cancer. Breast cancer patients face high financial costs and many find themselves unable to work during treatments. This financial worry is especially challenging for young mothers with breast cancer.
To benefit these young women, BCAG is holding its 18th Annual Bowl-a-thon on Saturday, March 21, 2020 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm at the Monterey Lanes, located at 2161 Fremont, Monterey, CA. As in previous years, the Bowl-a-thon is co-sponsored by the Pacific Grove High School student body in memory of Isabelle McKay Giacalone, Class of 1982.
Besides bowling, participants in the Bowl-a-thon can win raffle prizes, enjoy a pizza lunch and bid on merchandise and gift cards from Monterey County merchants in the event’s annual Silent Auction.
How to Participate
- Assemble a team(s) of 6 players, join an existing team, or let BCAG add you to a team in need of a bowler
- Sponsor a lane and we will feature your name (personal, business name and logo or team name) on a four-foot banner and mount it above a designated bowling lane. ($250)
- Be a Pink Pin Sponsor and your company name and logo will be featured on a six-foot banner hung above the bowling lanes. ($500)
- Donate items to our annual Bowl-A-Thon fundraiser for the Silent Auction. (Gift Certificates are especially appreciated!).
- Bowler registration fee is $50 per player. (Registration includes bowling fees and pizza lunch)
- Registration fees can be paid online at the BCAG Bowlathon.com website (https://www.bowlathon.net/event/breast-cancer-assistance-group-2020/) via PayPal or credit card. Payments by cash or checks made out to “Breast Cancer Assistance Group of Monterey County” can be mailed to P.O. Box 221582, Carmel, CA 93922
BCAG is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization of breast cancer survivors who raise funds and awareness to improve the lives of local breast cancer patients and their families. BCAG provides basic living expenses grants (for food, rent, gas, utilities, etc.) that relieve some of the financial worry associated with breast cancer and allows women (and men) to focus on fighting their disease so they can again spend quality time with family and return to the local workforce. BCAG serves residents of Monterey County who are being treated by physicians located anywhere and residents of Monterey, San Benito or Santa Cruz counties who are being treated by Monterey County physicians.